The Lyn & Exmoor Museum
A charming small museum with collections of agricultural and domestic tools from Lynton and Exmoor.
Also maritime, railway, and natural history. Unique pictures of the Lynmouth Flood, and a Victorian dolls’ house. Housed in Lynton’s oldest surviving domestic dwelling, it even includes its own ghost!
Old engravings and paintings showing Exmoor life over the last two centuries.
- The Lynmouth Flood Disaster of 1952
- Models and curios from the Lynton & Barnstaple Railway
- Agricultural implements from farms on Exmoor
- A Victorian Boll’s house
- Peat and turf cutting
- Local maritime relics
- Kitchen appliances and cooking paraphernalia
- The story of the Louisa lifeboat rescue
- Victorian bird and animal exhibits, minerals, fossils and rocks from Exmoor
Share this page: