Watersmeet House is a former fishing lodge located in Lynmouth and used today as an information centre, tea room and shop by the National Trust, who have owned it since 1996.
The fishing lodge, which dates from approximately 1832, stands at the bottom of a deep gorge at the confluence of the East Lyn River and Hoar Oak Water. The site has been a tea garden since 1901.
Watersmeet House is the starting-off point for some 40 miles (approximately 65 km) of woodland, streamside and seaside walks.
It is a landscape which inspired the romantic poets with its wooded gorges, tumbling Exmoor rivers and some of England’s tallest cliffs.
The location and walks are open all year round, but Tea-garden and shop open from Easter to early Winter.
Share this page: