Super Moon Mini Photo Workshop
> Exmoor Dark Skies Reserve : Super Moon event 7/8th April 2020
The moon will be at its closest point to the Earth this year on 8th April at 02:35UTC. This perigee or Super Moon will coincide with larger than usual spring tides and be a special event in our Exmoor coastal area.
Stay at Longmead House for a two night break (7th April to 9th April) and enjoy access to a social mini Photography workshop led by Mark Stothard of the Exmoor Camera Club for this special occasion (https://exmoorcameraclub.co.uk/).
On the evening of the 7th April we will visit the stunning Valley of Rocks, experience sunset across the Bristol Channel and then view the moon and stars – just a short walk from Longmead House. Mark will guide and support you to take quality photographs of the Supermoon and spectacular scenes of this unusual astronomical event. Mark is a qualified and accomplished professional photographer with many years of experience. https://markstothard.com/.
Weather permitting Mark can assist you whatever your ability to take photographs of the:
• Sunset within the golden/blue hours; over the dramatic coastline of Devon out towards the Bristol Channel.
• Our attention will then be directed to the Super Moon, which is at its largest around 2 am.
To take full advantage guests should bring
• Sound footwear and sensible clothing for the weather
• Camera, fully charged batteries
• Lens ideally between 14 – 70 mm for landscapes compositions and around 400 – 600 mm for moon images (full-frame)
• Tripod with Cable/Shutter Release/Interval Timer/Long Exposure
Book Early to secure your place with at Longmead for this very special offer.
Visibility of the Supermoon and the night sky is subject to prevailing weather conditions. You can still stay with us but the workshop may be cancelled due to the weather, we will notify you no later than 12 Noon, Monday 6th April 2020