- Chair: John Patrinos
- Attendance: Jason Broughton, Kevin Harris, Dan James, Suzette Hibbert, Mark Halliday, Keith Vingoe, John Patrinos, Ashley Clarke.
- Apologies: John Andrews, Liz Cwilewicz, Adrian Hobbs, Nick Woodall, Jess Twydall
- Meeting: via Zoom
Actions from meeting of 11 May 2021.
a) Lyn in Bloom applied for £2k for 8 planters that are on order, it is thought these will line the path along the Manor Green in Lynmouth. Lyn in Bloom was also awarded £2.5k for additional floral displays as part of the “Welcome Back” funding to help recovery after lockdown etc.
b) £5k applied for traffic management.
c) Lynton & Lynmouth have also received extensive lengths of ‘Live Love Local’ bunting that will be used to promote buying locally.
1. Lyn Workhub.
Due to the need to complete the works in the next 4 months, it had been decided that the project was no longer achievable so has been cancelled.
DCC has been informed that the £100k will not be required.
Separately NDC had offered £10k which might still be used for our area if a suitable economic development project could be found.
2. The Evolution of LETA.
Jason outlined a proposal for a successor organisation to LETA focused on the visitor economy. It was unanimously agreed that there was a need for a more formal organisation with links to stakeholders such as councils and ENPA.
Here are the two draft Constitution & Control Documents to help kick off discussions.
- Facebook has over 10,000 Followers and over 9,000 Page Likes, this is a 74% increase in the last 3-years
- Instagram has over 3,500 Followers
- 1.5m impressions in the last 90-days (our link shown on people’s search screens, 51k clicked the link through to the website)
- 22,000 unique visits to the website in the last 28-days, approx. 1000 hits per day
There is a three-pronged strategy to make Visit Lynton & Lynmouth’s website the central hub of our community.
- Promote Tourism in Lynton & Lynmouth (https://visitlyntonandlynmouth.com)
- Lyn Valley Business Directory, for all businesses and trades (https://visitlyntonandlynmouth.com/local-directory/)
- Business Resource & Communication Hub (https://visitlyntonandlynmouth.com/business/)
Also, LETA (https://visitlyntonandlynmouth.com/business/leta/)
Lynton & Lynmouth VISIT Magazine
This is a draft that I’m working on, still very much in its skeletal stage.
- LETA Agenda | Aug 10th 2021
- LETA Agenda | May 11th 2021
- LETA Agenda | May 11th 2021 Supplemental
- LETA Agenda | March 30th 2021
- LETA Agenda | February 9th 2021
- LETA Agenda | December 8th 2020
- LETA Agenda | October 13th 2020
- LETA Agenda | June 23rd 2020
- LETA Agenda | June 9th 2020
- LETA Agenda | May 2020
- LETA Agenda | April 2020
- LETA Agenda | February 2020
- LETA Agenda | December 2019
- LETA Agenda | August 2019 BID Supplemental
- LETA Agenda | August 2019
- LETA Agenda | June 2019
- LETA Agenda | April 2019