Anyone who would like support with energy bills and saving energy in their homes is welcome to call.
As the UK lockdown has been progressing we have heard from increasing numbers of people who would like advice and help with reducing their energy bills.
Where many people are furloughed and spending more time in their houses (potentially using more energy than they did before) we are starting to see more people reaching out for help because their budgets are getting a little bit tighter. Others would just like to know how they can make their homes more energy-efficient for the future.
In response to that, we’ve adapted our face-to-face visits so they can be delivered over the phone. We aren’t able to deliver the full service including the free energy efficiency measure yet but what we can offer is the following:
- Help to switch to cheaper energy tariffs to save money on their bills
- Deal with billing issues by contacting energy companies where possible. Our advisors will be able to help access the most up to date support from energy companies.
- Energy efficiency advice and tips to improve energy efficiency and save money.
- Advice on small home energy efficiency improvements such as LED lighting and draught-proofing.
- Check eligibility for Warm Homes Discount and other benefits.
- Help for people who have got into fuel and water debt because of the crisis
- Priority Service registrations to ensure the safety of the vulnerable during a power cut
- Signposting and referrals to local support agencies available to help people during the pandemic with financial advice
- Referrals to volunteer networks and groups helping those isolating.
If you or anyone else you know would like our advice please give us a call on 01271 599361. Or book online here.
We will book you in with one of our qualified energy advisors who will call back at a pre-arranged time.
The usual eligibility criteria do not apply at this time.
We are here to help and ready to take your call.